Orchard Living View
COVID-19 Response | Rev 07.01.20
Our highest priority is the safety and wellbeing of our residents, visitors, and team members. We are taking precautionary measures internally, following guidance from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the Michigan licensing and public health offices. We are monitoring updates from official sources at the federal and state levels which are reporting data about the spread of the coronavirus and most current recommended response practices. Our response at Orchard Living View continues to evolve as we receive new information.
Team and Home Actions Taken
Orchard Living View is taking the following actions to protect the well-being of our residents, employees, family members, and partners alike:
- Providing ongoing resources and guidance to ensure our homes are prepared to address any situation which may arise in relationship to the coronavirus.
- Regular communication with all team members to review available resources, staffing, processes, answer questions and address any concerns.
- Collecting daily updates on home residents, managed clients, team members, supplies and compliance with our COVID-19 preparation.
Resident and Managed Client Actions Taken
- Restricting all visitation to emergency and authorized medical personnel ONLY.
- Screening every person (staff and visitors) prior to entry using a temperature check and questionnaire.
- Asking residents, staff, and guests to report any respiratory symptoms to management whether experienced or observed.
- Daily meetings to reviewing all clinical concerns.
- Practicing enhanced sanitation and cleaning protocol; including the use of commercial antibacterial cleaning agents, frequent trash collection, the use of hand sanitizer and gloves, and more frequent handwashing.
- Reinforcing all procedures and policies related to contagious illnesses with all staff, including reminders about washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, staying home when sick, and practicing sneezing and coughing etiquette always.
- Increase of in-service trainings for staff and volunteers on prevention, sources of exposure, and recognition of corona virus symptoms.
- Providing resources and information and resources on disease prevention including best practices and posting educational materials.
Suspected Or Confirmed Case Protocol
If we determine a resident or managed client has COVID-19 symptoms, we will follow all CDC-dictated protocols for testing, isolation, and notification to minimize the spread of infection. We will post continued updates as they are available. If you need information about a specific home or managed client, please contact Orchard Living View directly.
Additional Resources from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control)
- COVID-19 - Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information
- At Risk and Older Adults Information
- Prevention Strategies to Reduce the Spread of COVID-19 in Long-Term Care Facilities (LTCF)